The San Diego Libertarian Party continues our strategy to becoming the largest and most influential party in San Diego County. We want to restore individual freedom, expand opportunities, and bring integrity back to the political process in San Diego. California needs the ideas of the Libertarian Party, and San Diego is the place to spread them with our large Libertarian leaning demographic. Help us advance the ideals of liberty by becoming a member and supporting candidates that promote limited government and the protection of personal liberty.
The podcast has been going well. Visit sdlp.org/pocasts to listen to past episodes and find links to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play. We'd also greatly appreciate it if you could share with friends and family on all your social media platforms, and give us a rating and review wherever you listen.
The Executive Committee Meeting was held on Thursday, June 20 at 7 PM at 13300 Alpine Drive in Poway, CA 92064.
UPCOMING SAN DIEGO SDLP EVENTS
Please follow us on Facebook or Twitter for updates on future events to keep our positive momentum going. Or check our events page.
July 10. Held every second Wednesday of the month, the North County Supper Club is where local Libertarians can get together and discuss current events in an informal setting. The event generally runs from 7:00-8:30 pm. Join us at 7:00 pm for a meal or at 7:30 pm for coffee or dessert and friendly discussion. To encourage your participation, the get-togethers will rotate each month to different locations around North County. The Wednesday, July 10 meeting will be held at Denny's Restaurant, 510 W. Mission (at Centre City Parkway), Escondido. See you there.
July 24. Held every fourth Wednesday of the month at Comedy Palace, the SDLP Supper Club is where like-minded, liberty-minded people can get together and hear about the state of freedom in San Diego County. Hear from local activists, party leaders, and local liberty enthusiasts.
July 18. Executive Committee Meeting. Our business meeting is held at 7 PM, third Thursday monthly. The Executive Committee meeting is open to the public at 13300 Alpine Drive in Poway CA 92064. If you are unable to attend in person, you can dial in at 605-475-4740, access code 563850, or via web online at https://join.freeconferencecall.com/sandiegolp. Organizer is Brad Richardson.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OF SAN DIEGO
ORANGE COUNTY North OC Libertarian Party, See June events at lpoc.org.
LOS ANGELES COUNTY, See lplac.us/, Events at lplac.us/lp-events/. Check out liberty minded businesses at https://lplac.us/business-directory
RIVERSIDE COUNTY, rclp.us The Riverside County Libertarian Party has meetings planned for you to meet with your fellow libertarians, get involved, and have a great time. The meetings are held in different locations around the county throughout the month. The meetings are open and all are welcome.
July 1 Palm Desert Coco's Restaurant 78375 Varner Rd. Palm Desert CA 92211 at 6:30PM on Monday, July 1.
July 8 Menifee Archibald's Restaurant 28881 Newport Rd. Menifee, CA 92584 at 6:30PM on Monday July 8.
July 24 Riverside Come meet Chair of the California Libertarian Party Mimi Robson and Riverside County Supervisor Jeff Hewitt at La Casa Ortega, located at 1690 Spruce St. Riverside, CA 92507, 6:30PM Wednesday, July 24.
ONLINE VOTER REGISTRATION. The California Secretary of State has an online voter registration website. You can also use this service to make changes to your voter registration information. https://registertovote.ca.gov/. To check your status: https://voterstatus.sos.ca.gov/
SACRAMENTO, CA July 12-July 28 CA State Fair. The CA State Libertarian Party will be hosting a booth at this year’s 2019 State Fair in Sacramento and need volunteers for this event. Mark Hinkle, and the LPC State Fair Committee, are organizing this outreach project and need your help in introducing fairgoers from across the state to the Libertarian principles of free trade and the individual pursuit of fun! The fair will be held at Cal Expo, 1600 Exposition Blvd., Sacramento; Building D, Booth #582 (air-conditioned!). To sign up for one or more shifts please go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090D48A5AC2EA4FE3libertarian.Volunteers are granted free admission to the fair the day they help out at the booth. Source: Mimi Robson, Chair, Libertarian Party of California, [email protected]
Call for Candidates. Now is the time to declare interest in running as a Libertarian candidate for office. Dec. 6, 2019 is the Registrar of Voters deadline for ballot inclusion. Contact us at SDLP.org, https://sdlp.org/contact
San Diego Libertarian Party Podcasts. https://sdlp.org/podcasts Informative discussions on current topics and issues. Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher or Google Play.
SDLP Volunteer Opportunities. Contact SDLP.org if you would like to participate in these volunteer opportunities: Campaign/Candidate Recruitment, County Convention (Annual), Newsletter, Media, Membership, Publicity, Speakers Bureau, Website, Other, Events Coordination, Community Activism, Community Liaison, Volunteer Coordination, Historical Preservation, local Volunteer, County Organization Support, State Fair Volunteer.
July 4th Independence Day Celebrations around San Diego County at San Diego.org, explore, events: https://www.sandiego.org/campaigns/summer-in-san-diego/4th-of-july.aspx
Independence Day Celebration! In Santa Ana, Orange County. Sponsored by PassTheBeacon.com Thursday, July 4, 2019 from 1PM to 5PM at Reach Charter Academy, 1512 W. Santa Ana Blvd, Santa Ana, CA 92703. Free Family Fun, Games, Crafts, Bounce House, Free Food, Live Music, Family Success, Face Painting; History Walk: Meet President George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Betsy Ross, Pocahontas, and other famous Americans. First 25 people get free NEW sport clothing! (Brand Names) RSVP Here Open to All - Info Only - Not a Libertarian event
Reform California Petition. Join Carl DeMaio today by signing the petition to require our road funds only be spent on road improvements! Sign Reform California’s petition now at act.reformcalifornia.org/petitions/fix-san-diego-roads/
July 11 in La Jolla - Business Leaders Breakfast – Increasing Funding for San Diego’s Infrastructure Without a “Congestion Tax” or Sales Tax Hike. La Jolla/UTC Marriott Hotel, 4240 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego 92037 11 Jul 2019 | 08:00 AM - 09:30 AM. RSVP to 619-786-8019 - www.ReformCalifornia.org
July 20 in Temecula - Reform California Town Hall – Chairman Carl DeMaio Speaking Temecula Valley Elks Lodge #2801, 28061 Diaz Rd., Temecula, CA 92589 20 Jul 2019 | 09:30 AM. RSVP to 619-786-8019 - www.ReformCalifornia.org
July 29 in Escondido - Reform California Town Hall – Chairman Carl DeMaio Speaking Park Avenue Community Center, 210 Park Avenue, Escondido, CA 92025 29 Jul 2019 | 06:30 PM. RSVP to 619-786-8019 - www.ReformCalifornia.org
Online Privacy Alternatives. The lists below are presented as info only and are not officially endorsed or guaranteed by SDLP. Per Sven Taylor in Restore Privacy, June 24, 2019, online update excerpts: “Note: The lists below are not necessarily in rank order. Choose the best products and services based on your own unique needs.
1. StartPage – StartPage gives you Google search results, but without the tracking (based in the Netherlands).
2. Searx – A privacy-friendly and versatile metasearch engine that’s also open source.
3. MetaGer – An open source metasearch engine with good features, based in Germany.
4. SwissCows – A zero-tracking private search engine based in Switzerland, hosted on secure Swiss infrastructure.
5. Qwant – A private search engine based in France.
6. DuckDuckGo – A private search engine based in the US.
7. Mojeek – The only true search engine (rather than metasearch engine) that has its own crawler and index (based in the UK).
8. YaCy – A decentralized, open source, peer-to-peer search engine.
9. Givero – Based in Denmark, Givero offers more privacy than Google and combines search with charitable donations.
10. Ecosia – Ecosia is based in Germany and donates a part of revenues to planting trees. *Note: With the exception of Mojeek, all of the private search engines above are technically metasearch engines, since they source their results from other search engines, such as Bing and Google. See the new and updated best private search engines guide for additional information.”
1. Tutanota – based in Germany; very secure and private; free accounts up to 1 GB
2. Mailfence – based in Belgium; lots of features; free accounts up to 500 MB
3. Posteo – based in Germany; €1/mo with 14 day refund window
4. StartMail – based in Netherlands; $5.00/mo with 7 day free trial
5. Runbox – based in Norway; lots of storage and features; $1.66/mo with 30 day free trial
6. Mailbox.org – based in Germany; €1/mo with 30 day free trial
7. CounterMail – based in Sweden; $4.00/mo with 7 day free trial
8. Kolab Now – based in Switzerland; €4.41/mo with 30 day money-back guarantee
9. ProtonMail – based in Switzerland; free accounts up to 500 MB
10. Thexyz – based in Canada; $1.95/mo with 30 day refund window
Browser alternatives for more privacy
1. Firefox browser – Firefox is a very customizable, open-source browser that is popular in privacy circles. There are also many different Firefox modifications … that will give you more privacy and security. (Also check out Firefox Focus, a privacy-focused version for mobile users.)
2. Iridium – Based on open source Chromium, Iridium offers numerous privacy and security enhancements over Chrome, source code here.
3. GNU IceCat – A fork of Firefox from the Free Software Foundation.
4. Tor browser – A hardened and secured version of Firefox that runs on the Tor network by default. (It also does a good job against browser fingerprinting.)
5. Ungoogled Chromium – Just as the name says, this is an open source version of Chromium that has been “ungoogled” and modified for more privacy.
6. Brave – Brave is another Chromium-based browser that is rather popular. It blocks trackers and ads by default (except for “approved” ads that are part of the “Brave Ads” network).
7. Waterfox – This is a fork of Firefox that is configured for more privacy by default, with Mozilla telemetry stripped out of the code.”
Thank you for reading our newsletter. You can keep up to date with our news and events on our webpage https://sdlp.org and Facebook.
Executive Chair Brad Richardson
Vice Chair Don DeAngelo
Treasurer Robert (Bob) Fraas
Secretary Colleen Guerrero
Publicity Chair Joseph DePaul
Copyright © 2019 San Diego Libertarian Party, All rights reserved
Members and Friends of the Libertarian Party
San Diego Libertarian Party
PO Box 32
Poway CA 92074